Do you answer “yes” to most of the following questions?
- HIV positive?
- Live in extreme poverty?
- Single mother?
- High viral load?
- Low CD4 count?
- HIV related co-infections?
- Unemployed or underemployed?
- Lack family support?
If you are a patient in our Honduras clinics, you qualify for a monthly bag of basic food supplies (5 lbs each of flour, sugar, beans, rice, cooking oil, salt, canned goods and other items).
If you are a supporter, these are the results we proudly share:
- Decrease in viral load (level of infectiousness)
- Increase in CD4 count (strength of immune system)
- Weight gain
- Normal hemoglobin levels
- Early identification of medication resistance and timely therapy changes
- Improvement of quality of life and increased life expectancy
These outcomes help each person live a more healthy life; they also decrease the likelihood of infecting others and impoverishing families and communities.